Dec 3, 2017

I passed Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle & Deployment Designer exam

After clearing Application Architect track last month, I continued my flow and started preparing for System Architect track. Today I cleared Development Lifecycle & Deployment Designer exam 😄😎

The exam was easiest of all the designer exams for me. My experience helped me big time for this feeling. Though I studied as per the Resource Guide and blogs, I felt due to experience I was able to answer various questions.

Like other blogs I have written, I am not going write in detail for each topic, rather I will point out to the blogs I have referred and the topics I noted post the exam.


  • Blog by Gemma. She has done wonderful job in covering the topics with neat explanation, sharing her experience on the exams in each of her blogs.
  • Nicholas, in his blog, has given excellent explanation to various topics covered in the exam. Definitely 'worth' reading it 😋
  • Development Lifecycle Guide is a MUST read in my opinion. I am guessing it covers majority of the topics. Its a nice refresher too.

Topics I noted post the exam (please refer to Study Guide and read the topics I might have missed):
  • Types of sandboxes - there were good number of questions with different scenarios. Pretty straight forward if you know the usage of each type of sandbox
  • External objects & Salesforce Connect - know its capabilities, deploying them, reporting on them, etc.
  • Continuous Integration - best practices around branching, know how it works
  • Change Sets - what happens during deployment (what gets locked)
  • Difference in Waterfall & Agile methodologies
  • Tools/matrices - RTM, RACI - if you are part of project management/planning its easy peasy, otherwise read and understand about it
  • Various types of testing and when to use it - stress testing, load testing, performance testing
  • Usage of Apex Hammer.

Section-wise weightage and # of questions. Do refer to the latest study guide for any change in weightage.


Weightage
# of questions
Metadata API
10%
6
CI Techniques
8%
5
Methodology Tools
3%
2
Governance
17%
10
Risk Identification and Mitigation
12%
7
Understanding Packages
3%
2
Testing
10%
6
Application Lifecycle Management
17%
10
Environments
15%
9
Change Sets
5%
3

All the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I am Salesforce Certified System Architect

By passing Identity & Access Management Designer, I earned System Architect. The journey of Application Architect & System Architec...

Popular Posts