Jan 18, 2018

I passed Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Designer exam

IAM is considered as toughest of all other designer exams. So I took enough time to prepare and revise multiple times with hands-on wherever possible before appearing for this one. It was tough indeed, but surprisingly I got lesser number of scenario based questions.

I guess not having experience in various modules is what makes any exam tough. For me, out of all other designer exams, this one had least number of topics which I had real-time experience. So I ensured I had enough knowledge by reading and definitely by doing hands-on on all possible topics. It indeed helped me.

In the process of learning I thoroughly enjoyed learning new features, new terms (& technology behind it) - that's what took a month of preparation. There is a to-do list in my Evernote for digging deeper into some of the topics I found extremely interesting. I will be sharing my learning when I finish digging :)

Like my other blogs on designer exams, I will point out to the blogs which I referred and recommend. They have done superb job in explaining the topics with great details.

  • By now, you already know whose blog it will be - Yes, Maceij has done it again in his blog.
  • Gemma is a champ. She failed once but she didn't give up. She prepared more, tightened the screws, and went ahead, and of course cleared it. Here is her experience with great set of diagrams with explanation.
  • Binod has listed down majority of topics and reference links for more details in his blog.
  • An amazing blog by Chris with video links is a great read.
  • Charly attempted this exam last year and she couldn't pass. So she decided to take time off, dig deeper before taking another stab at it. Another great example of learning from the failure. Do read.
  • I also skimmed through this quizlet for revision.
  • Totally recommend this article for understanding SAML & OAuth.
Unlike my other blogs I do not have topics noted since the above blogs covers exactly that. The Resource Guide, again, is a great place to prepare your study.

Nothing is impossible my friend. Go for it. All the best :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the shout out Abhilash and congrats on passing!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

I am Salesforce Certified System Architect

By passing Identity & Access Management Designer, I earned System Architect. The journey of Application Architect & System Architec...

Popular Posts