Nov 5, 2017

I passed Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer

Next up, in my journey to Application Architect, is Sharing & Visibility Designer. The whole topic of security/sharing is very dear to me. The exam had lot of scenario based questions and confusing options/answers. Though the topic is very close and I was very confident, it wasn't so easy for me. Lot of other folks said that it was one of the easiest. May be, they got the easier set of questions 😋😉

Like my previous post on Data Architecture & Management Designer, I will give you various blogs that I went through and various topics that I noted post the exam.


Topics I noted down post the exam:
  • Use cases for Apex Managed Sharing, also what happens when owner changes
  • Territory Management - Uses of Type, Type Priority, Hierarchy, Model State
  • Capabilities of Platform Shield
  • Usage of Crypto class
  • With Sharing keyword - what is enforced. Using Schema.DescribeSObjectResult and  Schema.DescribeFieldResult to enforce/check
  • Cross-site Script (XSS)
  • Parallel Sharing Rule, Defer Sharing Calculations, Granular Locking - scenarios on when to use what
  • runAs() usages
  • Best practices for storing passwords (Named Credentials, Protected Custom Setting, etc.)
  • Report sharing options
  • Options available for Filtering and sharing list view
  • Usages of External OWD.

Section-wise weightage and # of questions. Do refer to the latest study guide for any change in weightage.

Weightage
# of questions
Performance
8%
5
Programmatic Sharing
25%
15
Declarative Sharing
67%
40


The exam was fantastic opportunity to know some of the new topics and to strengthen the current knowledge.

All the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I am Salesforce Certified System Architect

By passing Identity & Access Management Designer, I earned System Architect. The journey of Application Architect & System Architec...

Popular Posts